The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

18.4.13

Thule Perspektiv

Thule Perspectiv Action Sports Camera Case TPGP 101 is a small roll-top stash compartment, with a crush-proof padded camera compartment including divider system, flip down organization for SD cards and batteries and 9-hook closure. It also contains the high visibility lining material in the crush proof compartment. The zipper pulls and rugged but sleek construction is still all Thule.
 
The 9-hook closure didn't seem to be the best idea, fortunately the top of the bag is Velcro sealed. I love that Thule isn't afraid to make good use of it. Of all the things I've seen designed by Thule, this was about to be my least favorite. I was confused by the concept. And it bugged me.
I spent a bit of time trying to figure out why THULE went with the 9-clip instead of quick release. Why they chose a roll top instead of something to sling over your shoulder, or both of them for that matter. Then it came to me, this is a camera bag you can wear on your upper arm! The crush proof case on the exterior makes sense, the 9-clip stays secured so long as you pull the tension to fit your arm. If you rig it right, you
can be pulling your camera out of it with no danger of dumping it or your batteries. Obviously you wouldn't want to over fill the roll top compartment. I got excited about this, because under the right circumstances, it means hands free hiking, skiing or whatever adrenaline pumping activity one chooses with quick and easy access to camera gear when that next great shot arrives. Brilliant!

No comments:

Post a Comment