The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

16.4.13

Hellman's Mayo with Olive Oil

Hellman's Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil actually appealed to me. When my husband found out his cholesterol was edging higher, the culprit was easy to pinpoint. We don't eat a lot of meat but we enjoy a good bit of tuna and egg salad and several veggie dips that make use of mayonnaise.

 I love olive oil and the health benefits are a bonus. I made two batches of tuna salad, one with our regular brand and one with Hellman's Mayonnaise Dressing with Olive Oil. They were identical in every way. I tasted them and made notes then ran a blind experiment. My husband tried them both.

He picked out the Hellman's right away. We both noticed that it doesn't overwhelm the flavor of the food you mix it with, instead it lets those foods stand out more. What I wanted to see is how it held up. I've used one olive oil mayo product that broke down and became oily.

This held up just as I expected it would. The flavor of the mayonnaise on its own is very mild. The easy use container is great, and works better if you store it in the fridge up-side down. If you are health conscious, love olive oil and are trying to watch your cholesterol, I recommend this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment