The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

26.7.12

Don't Leave Home Without It!


I was beyond thrilled when Amazon Vine sent me the GoalZero Guide 10 Plus Adventure Kit. The photos don’t really do it justice. This small design is light weight and extremely pack-able and fast charging.

GOAL ZERO Nomad 7 is two solar panels about the size of a trade paperback, bound in black canvas and much like a book, closing with the panels inside protecting them between uses. A sturdy Velcro closure folds over like an envelope flap and on the back is a super tough mesh carrying case to store all the wires and Guide 10 Plus battery pack. Two zipper pulls make it accessible. The Nomad 7 can be used together to charge one unit (like an iPad) or to charge two separate devices: a phone, mp3 player or battery pack. The the panels are housed in durable canvas, stitched with French seams, and sports ten braided loops at various intervals for a myriad of hanging options. The entire unit is weather and water resistant.

This kit contained the Guide 10 Plus, a rechargeable, four-battery pack of AA batteries (included), with a snap-shut door to keep the batteries in place. It also included an adapting clip that pops right in, allowing the recharging of AAA batteries.  User tips and Nomad 7 and Guide 10 Plus user guides, and warranty were included.

Three distinctly different charging and usage wires included in the kit give the user various charging options; one connects the solar panels to the Guide 10 Plus, a second connects via USB to the batteries or directly to the Nomad 7, and third, a 12 volt output. I plugged my Koolotron into the latter, but it didn’t so much as turn on the fan. (For that I would need their larger unit.) I hooked it up to my fiance’s phone and it began charging immediately. Currently we are looking for other electronics that we can charge this way. (A Kindle? A Nook?)

I intend to take this unit on our next vacation and several planned camping trips to give it a thorough field test. Everything about this product is first rate and with proper care would last for years. I give this item a 5 out of 5 stars. I won't be leaving home without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment