The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

14.7.12

More Zzzzz's with ZzzQuil

Unlike other NyQuil products you don't have to be sick or in pain to take ZzzQuil. If you are having a sleepless night, you definitely want to give this
a shot. I read the package instructions, expecting to be told I needed 8 hours in which to make optimum use of this product. If they are printed on the package, I didn't see it.
What I did see was the recommendation that it not be used with alcohol.

After lying awake for an hour one night, I took the recommended dosage, 2 caps. What I should tell you is that I rarely take medications of any kind. I am, apparently sensitive to them. As someone pointed out to me once after taking a certain type of over the counter cough medicine, "You should not be seeing star trails when you move your hand from otc cough syrup!"

At any rate, when the ZZZQuil hit my system I was out. At 7 am when it was time to get ready for work, I could have easily slept for another two hours. I was relatively groggy until 9:30 a.m.

In the future, if I'm partially through a night but still need to sleep I may take half the dosage. My fiance also tried it and found it very strong. He takes some medications but nothing depressant type. He felt foggy headed for several hours after waking.

I like the way it works within 30 minutes and the sleep was deeply restful. I just wanted to keep sleeping.

4 comments:

  1. What's the dosage of the diphenhydramine HCL in that stuff? You can get otc storebrand benedryl (same thing) with 25 mg per tablet and cut them in half for a lower dosage. Might be better for you . . .
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its 25mg per cap in these too. I saw the pricing on Amazon and doubt I would buy this stuff. I generally self-hypnotise and Jack takes Ibuprofen to fall asleep. I hear a lot of people do. This is something that was really weird for me. I never take sleep meds. Sam went through a phase where she did, and some other people i used to know took some herbal rems. Spearmint tea, chammomile and wine work wonders for me. Wink wink. A new husband didn't hurt either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zzzquil does NOT cause drowsiness! It is useless--totally useless as a sleep aid.

    Total waste of money. The Nyquil will make me sleep but that Zzzquil was USELESS! I called the company and complained and the woman with whom I spoke promised to send some kind of kit that would allow me to get a full refund (less taxes). This was more than three weeks ago, however, she lied by promising it would be out in two weeks. I have yet to get this so-called kit for applying for a refund.

    I was awake all night long after taking this medication. Let me explain that I have insomnia so it's not strange for me to be awake all night, but I sure didn't expect to be up all night after taking a product that claimed to help with sleep problems.

    Save your money and the danger of any possible side effects. It's not worth having side effects and still not get any sleep from taking the medication. This product needs to be taken off the market. It's a scam and scheme that doesn't work, and the cost of Zzzquil is not cheap either!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous, certainly you have a strong opinion,but your personal experience is not shared by all. If you doubt me, go check out the reviews on Amazon. I'm sure you will find some who agree with you, but personally, I do not. I found that I could sleep all night on half the recommended dosage. I also do not overcaffeinate, or eat sugar except on rare occasions. Maybe you should look at what else you are consuming as a possible conflict to sleep. Maybe you are only taking ZZZZQuil, and maybe you are over medicated as it is. You didn't bother to explain, just rail. I personally discount your opinion since you didn't bother to post a real name. I published regardless, because I think other opinions matter. But in the future, you would be better served to investigate further before posting here.

    ReplyDelete