The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

5.7.12

Ultra Doesn't Do It


Dear Neutrogena,
You don’t know me, but I was recently given Neutrogena Ultra Gentle Daily Cleanser through the Amazon Vine program. I washed my face this morning and thought, it was pretty good stuff. I let my fiancé try it too. His skin is extremely sensitive. So much so, that some sensitive skin products leave the t-zone of his face dry and inflamed.
He agreed to try your product, and he initially looked good afterward. His quotes, “I am not fond of liquid soaps. But this wasn’t bad.”  He looked nice, softer, no exzema. I pressed a little further. 
“How do you feel after washing with it?
“I like bar soap. But it was better than Dove.”
I admit it, Neutrogena. I am not afraid. I decided to put you to a real test, and do a total body wash in your product. I figured if it can handle his face, it should be able to handle my body. I am prone to dryness, but have no sensitivities.
I squirted clear liquid formula in a scrubbie lathered up to a medium foam. I didn’t think much of that, while I scrubbed and shaved and sloughed off a whole days work in the city. That medium foam had real staying power.

But, after setting the scrubbie aside, I washed my hair (for another product review). When I came back to my scrubbie, it was still full of lather. I can’t say that about many skin cleansers, let alone ones for sensitive skin.  After patting myself dry, my skin felt soft, your product impressed me. The pleasing,  aromatic fragrance is definitely a plus, neither masculine or feminine, but clean.  I personally like your formula.
My fiancé however, did not fare so well. The next day he was red and inflamed and even a little flakey. He won’t be using it. We were disappointed that it didn’t work for him. I’m giving it  3 out of five stars.
Signed,

Your Test Market

No comments:

Post a Comment