The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

23.10.12

Sleep Tight Tonight With Dream Water


My husband and I were on our way home from a wedding when he started experiencing pain under his arm. We stopped at an airport kiosk to get a pain reliever and as the clerk rang us up, she offered me a free 2.5 ounce bottle of Dream Water. I had never heard of this product before. What do I want with this? “All natural and calorie free.” (some of my favorite words) and this particular one enhanced with the flavor of pineapple. (Did I mention it was free? They didn’t even ask me to visit their website, FB page or their dot.com. They didn’t know I was a product reviewer.)
I wondered why I hadn’t heard of this when we were leaving for the red-eye to Detroit when it might have done some good. My husband pointed out that we would test it when we got home at 10:30 a.m. when sleep is unlikely for either of us. (He got a free bottle too, for buying a fridge magnet).
Dream Water is a blend of GABA, Melatonin and L5 hydroxytryptophan and Stevia sweetened Pineapple flavor. The taste was pleasingly light, not too sweet and no aftertaste. Under directions for use, it begins, “Drink a bottle to help with that energy drink you had earlier, a loud neighbor keeping you awake, and general stresses of everyday life.” I like that. How about that no-sleep red-eye flight?
Additionally, the label warns against use if you are under 18, pregnant or nursing and no more than one per 24 hour period.
We got home, dropped our luggage and ate a light meal. My husband--feeling much less pain--and I drank Dream Water. Despite the mid-morning sun streaming through our south-facing window, we lay down attempting sleep.  We awoke 3 ½  hours later feeling very rested. It was a great start to recovering from the flight crossing three time zones.
I will be looking for this product for a number of reasons. It comes in a few more flavors, it’s football season at the high school near our condo, my husband and I both have high-stress jobs and  we are on the brink of the holidays.
Follow directions on the package and let me know what you think. I only recommend this to people who want to sleep and can’t. I will definitely buy this product. Note to self: Great gift to me. Five Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment