The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

25.6.13

Just in time for summer: Sport>>Brella!



I couldn’t wait to test drive the Sport Brella recliner chair. My husband and I have taken other sports chairs to the park and even got the beach chair edition. But a recliner with an umbrella? This feels like the  Cadillac of comfort, the extra wide seat (which I’m happy to say I didn’t need but it’s so comfy!).  The back of the chair is higher than the usual sport chair, and from just below the shoulders, it’s padded. I actually took a nap in it.

The hammock style foot rest lets you set your heels in, or if you want to pull your knees up a little, you can set them on the edge. The foot rest is adjustable and removable. Mine is let all the way out at the moment. I’m actually writing the review from the chair.

The pocket on the left arm rest is constructed so that you drop in your music player, and with an “X” portal, the headphone wire isn’t in danger of getting crimped. That lets you listen to your favorite beach tunes while watching the kids play in the surf and not worry about your player getting sunstroke. As always, the Sport Brella chair has installed a round mesh pocket to hold your favorite relaxing beverage. 

The right arm rest had other sweet features: a pocket with dual zipper entry and Velcro closure keeps whatever you have stashed from prying eyes. The water resistant lined pocket hangs under the right armrest and fits up to four beverages , your camera or your Kindle HD. We found two long-necks sit upright in it just fine (and stows empties until you’re ready to get up).
A pocket hangs from the front of the seat and a zipper pull with a bottle opener attached. Perfect for tailgating.  It’s big enough for a wallet, cell/smart phone, sunglasses, season tickets or the seashells you’ve been collecting.

At shoulder level is the three way swiveling asymmetric umbrella.  The UPF 50+undercoating blocks over 99.5% UVA/UVB rays. And if you’re by the water, you know how important that is. If you don’t need it, it unclips quickly and easily. You can easily attach it to either side of the chair.


The final fantastic feature of the Sport Brella chair, is the three-click range of reclining comfort. Whether you just need to rest that bellyful of fantastic BBQ or you want to wear your sunglasses and take a catnap, this chair is just a click away from your favorite relaxing position. For safety’s sake, I found I couldn’t adjust it while sitting in the chair which means when the chair is in position, it’s solidly locked in. I give Sport Brella five stars. Summer’s just getting underway, so be sure you get yours soon!

2 comments:

  1. That's an awesome chair and would work really well for me at the beach! I'll be looking for this!
    Suess

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty darn comfy! Jack and I also got the beach chairs, which reconfigure so you can carry them on your back, they have no case and the mesh back is lots cooler than the canvas this one uses. I don't know how fast it would dry either. Both were comfy, but the beach chair is hard for him to get out of.

    ReplyDelete