The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

29.5.12

Weather Alert Radio

ETON American Red Cross FR-X2 Hand Turbine NOAA AM/FM Weather Alert Radio I come from a long line of outdoorsmen. I also happen to believe in having the right tool for the right job. That’s where the ETON American Red Cross FR-X2 Hand Turbine NOAA AM/FM Weather Alert Radio comes in. Whether on land or sea, this solar and hand turbine powered AM, FM, weather radio is a must have. It comes with a USB smart phone charger, which allows you to charge your phone no matter if you have access to electricity or not. The LED flashlight can easily replace the battery operated one I used to use and comes with a handy carrying strap. “It’s like the Swiss Army Knife of radios,” said my assistant. Additionally, the FRX2 has a DC-input (mini-USB) for AC power and a headphone output port for individual radio listening, something my green ETON FR160GR Microlink doesn’t have. The case is hard plastic and seems more fragile than the less expensive matt green FR160. What I would like even more, is a meter of some sort to show how charged the unit is. But, overall I’d recommend it to all my traveling friends and as a really nice unit to have on hand in case of emergency.

No comments:

Post a Comment