The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

15.3.12

Old Kili's Instant Ginger Lemon Beverage Mix

Old Kili's Instant Ginger Lemon Beverage Mix was fragrant when added to 8 oz. of  boiling water, and appeared to be darker than in smaller cup in the photo. The ingredients were not listed on the side of the box which always concerns me when trying a new product. I'm not a fan of sugar. Also, the directions list only the metric amount of water to add, not a plus if you don't know metric conversions (and I don't) and nothing about the depth of flavor aspect.

I am usually very fond of ginger and lemon drinks but as I said with no ingredient list, I was uncomfortable drinking it.  It was tasty enough, but not all that remarkable to me. I have discovered since drinking it that dried honey was the sweetener, something that really should be promoted on the box somewhere. I like to be in control of how sweet something is going to be. A lack of information on the packaging would keep me from buying this product in the future.
On the plus side: For an instant beverage, it wasn't bad. If you were traveling, taking it to work or camping it would be great to have along because of the minimal amount of effort it takes to prepare.

No comments:

Post a Comment