The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

9.2.12

Under a Dark Sky with Lisa Gerrard and Sigur Ros

I'm a big fan of listening to new music. I listen to Pandora at my bill-paying job. It's the one vice I have, that I listen to music all day. When my personal life took a hit last Spring, there was no comfort to be found anywhere else.
By the fall, I finally realized I was grieving a loss. I ditched my normal wardrobe and bought all black clothing: Coats, shirts, jeans and shoes. You can call it Goth if you want, quite a few people do, but really it's just me expressing a deep pervasive grief. Expressing it helped quite a lot, and the other thing that helped, was
becoming a regular at Amazon buying music downloads. Some of the music that resonated that same dark feeling were Lisa Gerrard, Black Opal became a big favorite and I could listen to Redemption ten replays at a time. I preferred the extreme melancholia of her non-English songs, which was also a draw for me with
 Sigur Ros,


The bands release, Untitled I listened to while in the tanning bed.(Although I like black, I don't like looking pasty white. So now you know, I'm not a true Goth.) Saeglopur was their first cut that got to me and after that, I was on a quest to get more. Sfevn-G-Englar is moody enough to keep me in a holding pattern of sadness, on the grey days where I feel more like brooding than smiling. It reminds me of old Acid Rock with out the driving beat of drums. I am currently winding down on the events that led me to this music, so I'm not sure that I will be getting more at this point.

Currently, Spring is weeks away, and I might prefer the lighter tunes of Matt Nathanson and Augustana. But, that's another post, for another day.


No comments:

Post a Comment