The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

27.9.11

Let This Pro Dryer Blow You Away

I was tired of my hairstyle and went to an expensive salon to get a new cut: Something fresh and hip. While the stylist cut, thinned and trimmed, she graciously explained to me how to get the most volume by using a blow dryer. A what? I gave up my hair styling practices when I moved to a climate that caused my hair to rebel. It lays on my head like 3 day old road kill.

Maybe, it was time to try again. That's when I saw Volume Boost, Infiniti Pro by Conair. I am not particularly patient, and with 1875 Watts of power, which for me, means quick-dry. Pro means without ruining it.
The handle was easy to grip and the dryer itself felt balanced in the hand. It seemed a little ungainly
At first, but with a little practice, it seemed pretty comfortable.
With in minutes, my hair is dry with enough body to keep me fantastic-looking through most of my workday. It's hot enough to dry thick or coarse hair, and gentle enough not to fry fine locks. The cold shot button took a few seconds to chill, but it worked. The dryer has two switches that control heat and airflow. It has something else: a removable filter. Which means that you can clean all that lint off the back of the unit and prevent premature burnout.
It comes with two attachments: one a volumizing pic with fingers and a shield for directed air flow to the roots where the hair must be dried (upside down is easiest) to give lift, and a concentrator for focused styling. I love it. It included an instruction and styling guide, and a four year warranty.
Little plusses: there's a soft plastic loop to hang the dryer, and a ground fault circuit interrupt plug with a reset button. The attachments lock in place and can be switched out or rotated with the pinch buttons on either side of the nozzle. It `s packed with good value and for the price, well made, sturdy and should last for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment