The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

28.7.11

Spice up Your Summer!

Even in the middle of a heat wave, I love heat: hot sun, spicy food, cayenne, ginger, and jalapenos. So when I saw that Taco Bell had released Bold & Creamy Jalapeno Sauce, I was anxious to try it. They eye pleasing pastel green color with flecks of Jalapeno, hints at the kick to come. The sauce base tastes slightly mayonnaise and pours with the consistency of good ranch dressing. It is not runny the way Tabasco sauces are, it stays where you put it. The jalapeno bite is relatively mild, but definitely there. My mouth tingled a good ten minutes after, and never became overbearing.It didn’t induce perspiration, cause eye watering or make my head feel as though the top if needed to come off to release the heat. It was pleasantly spicy. I put mine on my breakfast egg wrap and loved every bite.
Taco Bell left themselves some room here to increase heat levels (bold, bolder and boldest ever). As far as heat comparisons, I’d say it’s probably in the family with Louisiana Hot Sauce or Red Hot.

My family likes adding Ranch dressing to Cajun Rice; Bold & Creamy will be an exciting addition. This sauce is creamy enough to get away with using as a salad dressing or veggie dip. If you want to try a finishing sauce with a little kick over grilled chicken, I highly recommend this one and will be telling all my spice loving friends about it. Who knows, even the fearful ones may try this. It could lead to more spice in your life!

2 comments:

  1. OK you made it sound so good, I'm going to look for it!
    I love trying new things with chicken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I love this stuff. I dip veggie chips in it, love it on eggs and really it could be my new "ketchup". It's on Amazon if you can't find it anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete