The Real Deal

Have You Ever Wondered... Is that certain book really good? Does that product really work? So have I. From Indie authors and musicians to local products or nationally advertised, I can't tell you the countless products I've bought as seen on TV only to find out that they don't work at my house, the book was really a bunch of hype, the music was not what I had hoped for or a movie was a yawn. If you want an honest opinion, you will find it here. Although I do lots of book reviews, I also check out lots of other products and let you know if they really live up to their ads or their hype. Stay tuned, and check in often. You never know what I'm going to talk about next.

10.1.15

Bionic Body Resistance Band 40# Handles Sold Separately

As part of the Amazon Vine group, I had the opportunity to review the 40# resistance band by Bionic Body. The package arrived and I was amazed to discover that no handles were included. Now, I can use my hands to hang onto a resistance band, and I can get a work out from that, but I found myself irritated that handles were sold separately. I mean, are you kidding?

I like the way the Bionic Body resistance tube can travel and you can use it about anywhere. I got it because it works out arms and legs without necessarily engaging the back, which is an issue for people with trouble in that area. The 40 pounds of resistance is excellent option for strengthening and building muscle. They did not come with an anchor, either. In the place where I live, I have a hand wrought iron railing that I can loop the band through.

Bionic Body is also the first resistance tube system I've used that didn't come with handles of some kind. I'm a big fan of instruction booklets for ease of use. I like pictures that let me know which muscle groups I'm using, and how I might make better use of the resistance band. My husband and I discussed some different ways to use them and my ideas would not have occurred to him. 

At the end of the tube are D-rings for quick release handles. For me personally, I don't care about the quick release handle option, I never needed to change handles before and see no reason why I will in the future. Also, even though you can sort of use the resistance tube without the handles, it does involve a little creativity. Selling handles and tubes separately? It's kind of like buying an air mattress and then having to purchase the air pump. Just know, Handles are not included.

I looked up the handles and discover they're an additional ten dollars. No, thank you. If I buy something from a vendor, I would want to be able to use it as it was intended, the day it shows up, without having to buy additional products. I really don't want to fork over a Hamilton to use the band. In the meantime, I looked at other options.

In January, I  found myself in a well-stocked little grocery called Aldi. On their shelves they offered a cute little weight set: ankle weights, hand weights and a 2.2# dumbbell with Velcro adjustment marketed under the Crane label. Handles??? Uh, scuze me... I think I need that. The set was just around fifteen dollars because to me the other weighted items were worth all of that. Now, I have handles for the resistance band. And, I get a little extra burn because they’re weighted.

Thank you.

3 comments: